September 3, 2010

English goes NOM

English goes NOM

A human death is tragedy
But in a book - a novelty.
With names of men just mere creations
That rule a farm or grow the nations

Or travel to islands near & afar
In spaceships, through tunnels, or rides in a car;
Snaking and sliding further & further in - -
With victory, with sadness, with triumph, with sin.

I can see it all from the comfort of my chair-
With a lamp, with a light, with a drink, with a pear.
Consume me, O Book that can bring me to living
The lives I haven't been given.

Take me to the worlds unseen
By my little self, so simple, green.
You give companions I wish to hold
Through love upwelling & secrets (un)told

I see the truth, yet question the points
That be in my life & heaven anoints.
I live through the words that dance there before me
Where language consumes: the land of possibility.

Elizabeth Gay
1005am
9.3.10

*express the loss of control under the influence of poetic/literary words

No comments:

Post a Comment